Feroz Shah Kotla, New Delhi
The Feroz Shah Kotla, is the second oldest international cricket stadium in India. The stadium was a fortress built by Sultan Feroz Shah Tughlaq to house his version of Delhi city called Ferozabad. The stadium gets its name from its location. It is in the vicinity of the Feroz Shah Kotla, a fortress built by Sultan Feroz Shah Tughlaq in 1883. The first international game here was a Test match between India and the West Indies in 1948.
Feroz Shah Kotla is Home to the Delhi Ranji team and the Delhi Daredevils IPL team. The Feroz Shah Kotla has been a very happy hunting ground for the Indian cricket team.
|Owner||: Delhi District Cricket Association|
|End Names||: Stadium End, Pavilion End|
|Home Team||: Delhi Daredevils|
|Seating Capacity||: 41820|
|Media Box Capacity||: 125|
|Media Conf Hall Capacity||: 80|
|Playing Area||: 65 sq. yards|